Tower Hamlets Council with Swadhinata Trust’s assistance has produced, in September 2004, a Bengali History Walk booklet Exploring Banglatown and the Bengali East End (pdf 444Kb) to introduce evidence of Bengali history and for people to explore for themselves in and around Brick Lane. For a copy of the booklet phone 020 7346 4958.
The Swadhinata Trust is currently working on Bengali History Trail, which will cover the whole of Tower Hamlets borough. If you have any ideas or know of any historical sites that should be listed, please write to Ansar at email@example.com
- 2018 Updated walk by Royal Geographical Society in association with the Swadhinata Trust.
- the article Forging a Unique Identity: Bengali Heritage in London by Shruti Ganapathy.
- A Passage To Bangla by Sandip Roy-Chowdhury from the India Currents website.
- Banglatown Icons: A portrait of England.
- Bengalis in East London: A Community in the making for 500 years by Danielle Lamarche